The Old Globe is delighted to provide student matinee performances of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, called Seussabrations. Free tickets are provided to children enrolled in Title One schools in San Diego County.
Our goal is to make these tickets available to children who might not otherwise be able to attend.
Additionally, The Old Globe Education Department provides preparation activities for all schools attending our free student matinees. Attending a live theatrical performance is a powerful experience that is enhanced through planned activities and lessons. All teachers attending Grinch performances with their classes participate in a unique professional development workshop at The Old Globe. A study guide with lesson ideas tied to state curriculum standards is provided on this website. In addition, the Book Buddies program encourages children to pledge to read six books before seeing their performance of The Grinch as a way to cultivate a love of reading in students.
This year, our free Grinch student matinees will be held on the following dates at 10:30am
November 10, 18, 19 and December 4
Applications for this program are now available.
Applications are DUE by Wednesday, September 2
- Public or Charter school located in San Diego County
- Must be receiving school-wide Title One funds
- Not sure if your school is on a school-wide plan? Click here, select your county, district and school. In School Summary under "Key Attributes" it should say "Yes-schoolwide" next to Title 1.
- First and Second grade classes only
- School did not participate in the Free Grinch Matinee program in the previous school year
- Maximum of 100 tickets can be requested (including students and adults)
- No additional tickets are available for purchase
CLICK HERE for the 2015 GRINCH FREE STUDENT MATINEE APPLICATION
For any additional questions, please email GlobeLearning@TheOldGlobe.org or call 619-238-0043 ext. 2145
As an alternative option:
Title One schools can also purchase tickets at a discounted rate for the following Grinch Matinees.
- December 2, 8 and 9 at 10:30 am
Tickets for these performances are not limited by grade level or number of tickets you can purchase.
Tickets for these performances will go on sale Tuesday, September 1 at 9am, and are subject to availability. (FYI-They sell quickly!)
Please contact Group Sales at 619-238-0043 x2408 or csalow@TheOldGlobe.org for more information.